Frank Sarangi, LL.M
Specialist Lawyer for Medical Law
Frank Sarangi, LL.M. has been a lawyer since 2009 and a specialist in medical law since 2012. He has been a member of the Cologne medical law team of FEHN LEGAL since May 2023. Frank Sarangi represents (dental) doctors, hospitals, associations, emergency services and other medical service providers in court and out-of-court proceedings as well as in official proceedings with a high degree of experience and specialisation. He has extensive litigation experience, particularly in the field of medical liability and criminal law, and was awarded the title of TOP LAWYER in medical law by WirtschaftsWoche in 2020 and 2021. In addition to his legal practice, Frank Sarangi works extensively as a lecturer and regularly publishes on current topics and developments in medical law. He also produces regular podcasts on medical law issues.
Frank Sarangi’s current consulting and activities are:
- Medical liability law (incl. out-of-court compensation)
- (Dental) Medical and Medical Criminal Law
- (Dental) Medical Professional Law
- Compliance and whistleblowing in healthcare
- Law on contracts of chief medical officers
- Digitalization in the healthcare sector incl. Data protection
- Hospital law (hospital remuneration, elective services, contract design, structural audits)
- Drug advertising law for (dental) doctors and hospitals
- Start-up consulting related to (dental) medicine
- Telemedicine (project consultancy and project support)
- Law in the rescue service
- Contract design and contract audits
- Speaking for in-house trainings and lectures
Frank Sarangi has been lecturer in Medical Law, Digital Health and Data Protection at the Faculty of Health at Witten Herdecke University since 2016 and has been the sole editor of the “Medizinrecht” section of the journal “Notarzt” since 2022.
- 2009-2012 Attorney at Law at Dr. Rehborn Dortmund
- 2012-2021 Attorney at law at Jorzig Rechtsanwälte Düsseldorf
- 2019-2021 Co-editor of the journal “Emergency + Rescue Medicine”
- 2021-2023 Lawyer in the law office at the Medical Center Cologne
- 2000/2001 Rescue training in Münster (active in rescue service until 2014)
- 2002-2006 Law studies at the Ruhr University Bochum
- 2007-2009 Legal traineeship
- 2008-2009 Postgraduate studies “Medical Law” at the DUS LAW SCHOOL of the Heinrich-Heine-University Düsseldorf
(degree: LL.M. – Legum Magister/Master of Laws)
- 2009 Admission as a lawyer
- 2012 Award of the title of Specialist in Medical Law
- Medical Law Working Group in the German Bar Association
- German-Maltese Society e.V.
- ATLAS digital health management
2001-2014 Volunteer work in the rescue service (emergency rescue, ambulance and international repatriation e services)
2011-2014 Member of the board of a regional division and a national association of a major aid organisation.
Frank Sarangi has held several teaching positions at the Faculty of Health at the University of Witten/Herdecke since 2016. In the summer and winter semesters, his teaching activities include the lectures “Palliative Medicine Law for Physicians”, “Caregiving Law – Patients who are unable to consent” and a lecture “Digitalization in the Health Care System – Basics and Legal Framework” as part of the Digital Track elective module.